Sunday, July 31, 2011

surf's up!!


You better believe it...we did it...although...I'm still not sure if I can say I've been surfing. hahaha! I went. I got the wet suit. I got the board. I went in the water. I rode a wave on my stomach. I rode a wave on my knees. But I did NOT ride a wave on my feet. As a matter of fact, every time I made it to my feet, I felt myself losing control so instead of trying to figure it out, I just screamed and voluntarily leaped off the board only to be reminded EVERY time that my ankle is actually strapped to the board. whoops!!

Tommy, on the other hand, immediately went into instructor mode for the rest of us who had never been! it was so so helpful!! He's such a surfer!! Are we surprised?? no way. He was even teaching me the simple things like how to win a battle between you and the wave. hahaha. (I was having problems fighting the waves just to get OUT to the waves...hahaha!) We did the whole...practice on the sand bit and everything. haha! 

Even though we couldn't feel our feet AT ALL by the end, it was so so fun! We had a blast and hope to get one more run in before we head home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment